Why Do I Need a Licensed Gas Fitter to Check My Appliances?

Gas stoveGas appliances can be high risk household items and need to be maintained and checked from time to time by a professional. Whilst you may think it may be simple enough to pop onto your DIY list, heaters, hot water systems, and stoves should be checked by a licensed gas fitter to make sure that they are not leaking carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide leaks are very hard to detect because the poisonous gas is colourless, tasteless, and odourless. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal and can be avoided by having your appliances checked and maintained by a professional gas fitter from Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas. Our licensed gas fitters are trained and qualified to check and test your gas appliances to make sure they are safe and working efficiently, as well as being equipped to repair gas leaks straight away.

What are the Symptoms of Gas Poisoning?

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include:

  • Headaches
  • Shortness of breath
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Unexplained lethargy

Gas leakGas Appliances and Rental Properties

It is the landlord’s responsibility to ensure all gas appliance are working, maintained and are safe. If you suspect a gas leak, or know that an inspection has not been carried out on your gas appliances for some time, call Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas.

How to Get Your Gas Appliance Tested

Simply call Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas; we have a team of plumbers who are also licenced and experienced gas fitters. Your local choice in professional gas inspection and fitting, the team at Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas will not only ensure your home and appliances are safe for your family, but carry out our services with efficiency and safety.

For all your gas, plumbing and hot water requirements around the South West, from Bunbury to Dunsborough, Collie to Margaret River, call Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas on 9791 1608 in Bunbury or 9759 1317 in Dunsborough.