Hallelujah!! Spring weather is finally here, and with the start of the new season comes spring cleaning! Whilst your home and garden are the first areas that come to mind for the big overhaul, your pipes and drainage systems will benefit from a bit of TLC too.
Plumbing Prevention Is Much Better (And Cheaper) Than Cure!
Checking your plumbing for areas that may need maintenance and/or repairs is important to ensure it is efficient for the summer months, where water is typically in heavy use. Any major issues can be addressed now to ensure you don’t run out of water when you need it most.
Some quick and simple Spring Plumbing tips include:
- Check taps for drips and leaks. Replace washers if needed.
- Check toilets for hidden leaks using the food colour test – add 10 drops of food colouring to the upper tank; if the toilet is leaking, the colour will appear in the bowl within 10-20 minutes.
- Check and unclog strainers over drains.
- Inspect toilet bowl for cracks.
- Make sure your toilets flush properly – aren’t filling too high or draining too slow.
- Check your temperature setting on your hot water unit.
- Drain your hot water unit to flush out corrosion and sediment.
- Check exposed pipes under laundry troughs and bathroom sinks for leaks or corrosion.
- Check yard drains, gutters and downpipe spouts for dead leaves and debris that may have become stuck with the rain over winter.
- Check outside hoses and taps for leaks, cracks or damage.
Need Help With Your Plumbing?
These tips are brought to you by Mainline Plumbing & Cheap Hot Water & Gas to assist you in preparing your plumbing for the warmer months ahead. The team at Mainline are more than happy to provide professional advice, with almost 40 years experience servicing Bunbury and surrounds. For all your plumbing, hot water and gas needs, Mainline Plumbing & Cheap Hot Water & Gas is your local choice, so call today
on 9791 1608 (Bunbury) or 9759 1317 (Dunsborough).