Are you looking at converting from septic to deep water sewerage in Harvey and not sure who to call for all of your plumbing requirements? Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas are the trusted name in sewerage conversion, having converted hundreds of houses across the South West from older septic tanks efficiently and compliant with local shire regulations.
Do I need a plumber to connect to the sewerage?
You definitely need a licensed plumber to connect to the Water Corporation’s deep wastewater system.
Simply contact your Environmental Health Officer in the Harvey Shire to advise them that you wish to be connected to the sewerage system. If the system is available and runs through your area, they can advise you on the steps to take and whether you need to decommission your old tank. Then call Mainline Plumbing and Cheap Hot Water and Gas!
When a property is connected to the mains sewer, the property owner is required to decommission the existing septic tank and effluent disposal system when the following circumstances arise:
- The property changes ownership (accordingly the new owner has 60 days to decommission the septic tank apparatus).
- There is a material change in the use of the premises (accordingly the owner has 60 days to decommission the septic tank apparatus).
- If the foundations for a building on the premises are to be built closer than 1.2m to the septic tank apparatus or closer than 1.8m to any leach drain or soakwell (accordingly the owner shall decommission the septic tank apparatus before the building work begins).
- All septic tanks, soakwells and/or leach drains are pumped empty by an approved, controlled waste carrier.
- All empty septic tanks, soakwells and/or leach drains must be either removed or have their lids and bases broken and filled with clean sand.
Enquiries regarding decommissioning may be directed to the Shire of Harvey’s Health Department and sewer enquiries should be directed to the Water Corporation, Bunbury.
Who Can help Me With Sewer Conversion in Harvey?
We have been servicing the South West for over 3 decades and have the knowledge, equipment and expertise to assist you with all of your deep water sewerage conversion enquiries. Call the team on 9791 1608 today to organise your free quote and get connected to the deep water sewage system.